Monday, February 15, 2010

Thing 6

Nings - too overwhelming!!! I hate shopping, and after years of this have decided why. Too mucy to look at, too many choices. I walk in to a store knowing what I want, grab it, and head for the checkout. (Self-service, if they have it. In a rush to get out!) All of the nings choices are like walking into a mall. Where to start, what do I want, and where is the exit? I find the internet to be interesting in the abstract, but when I get there I don't know what to do next.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you got to truly experience a Ning? What were you looking for? What type of online community do you want to check out? We need to start with the goal in mind. Let me know. This post does not say much about Nings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I offered this advice to another blogger, but it may also be useful to you. You might be interested in reading Langwitches Blog post "Best Web 2.0 Applications for Elementary School" (http://langwitches.org/blog/2007/12/22/best-web-20-applications-for-elementary-school/). Ning is number 6 on the list.

    ReplyDelete